Optical Consumer Complaints Service and Nockolds Solicitors Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.opticalcomplaints.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Nockolds Solicitors Limited of 6 Market Square, Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire CM23 3UZ. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site http://www.opticalcomplaints.co.uk/ (our site). This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- Log files - we will gather certain anonymous, non-personal information automatically and store it in web server log files. This information includes internet protocol addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP) details, site entry/exit pages, operating system details, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to improve our site, analyse trends, administer the site, track users' movements around the site and gather information about our user base as a whole.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Uses made of this information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, post or telephone. Disclosure of your information
Where you have subscribed to our services we may disclose your personal information to third parties only in the following circumstances.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Optical Consumer Complaints Service, Nockolds Solicitors Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its clients will be one of the transferred assets.
- To analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. Access to information